Monday 30 July 2012

What to wear-What not to wear



One of the main reasons why most of us don’t wear half of the clothing in our wardrobes is because it was either bought on impulse, we bought it just because it was on sale or its currently the must have garment of the season. If you’re anything like me you buy things because you like them (Never try them on in the fitting room) and when you finally do decide to wear it you realise that its not at all what you expected (in fact a big disappointment).
This is mainly because the items I like are not for our body shape. I came across the chart above and discovered that I fall into the full hour glass category and these are some general rules I should follow.

General Rules
*You need to wear shaped and fitted lines in order to follow your body line, but avoid bulk and volume around your feminine curves
*Wear a good supporting bra that will lift our bust and give you a more defined waist
*Bring attention to your shoulder and neckline; wear designs that bring the eye to the centre by wearing wider and lower necklines
*Extend the shoulder past the thickest part of the arms

Things to avoid
*Straight shapes that hide your waist
*Fussy styles and details that create additional volume around your bust, tummy, and thighs e.g. dropped sleeve lines, pleats, high-waisted styles, hip pockets
*High necklines that cover up your cleavage and décolleté e.g. turtle neck
*Boxy jackets, or double breasted styles, narrowing leg lines or wide/short sleeves which finish near your bust

So I've set myself a little task for the next time I shop and this is to remember my body shape and what styles suite me. To think twice before my next purchase.

Question: How do you shop, do you purchase what you like regardless of the body shape rules or are you aware of your body shape/size and only purchase what will flatters your shape?

to check out the site. The joy of clothes

2 comments:

  1. this post is amazing :) thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma, SO looking forward to doing our Blogger swap

      Delete